Monday, February 13, 2012

FROZEN FINGERS.....

The Frozen Fingers Festival was in Minot this past weekend, February 11-12, 2012.  Every year since they have had the festival, I have wanted to go.  It is always held in the middle of February.  So why didn't I go to it in years past?  Simply put, there was either something else going on that weekend or the weather was so bad that I didn't wish to travel on icy roads.  But this year was the exception.  We have had one of the most mild winters we have ever seen in a very long time.

I actually didn't even know that the festival was going on this weekend.  But when I got up on Sunday morning and settled down with my cup of coffee, I saw the notice as I read the morning paper.  The decision was made at once!  I would go to church, leave from there to go to Minot, and take in the festival for the afternoon.

So what is the Frozen Fingers Festival?  The Frozen Fingers Music Association of Minot bills it as "a dedication to the preservation of Old Time and Bluegrass music".  And that it is!  I love Bluegrass music and there was plenty of that.




There was also lots of Folk and Country music.

Plenty of Western and Cowboy music as well.

And this group who is from the Wildrose, ND area (near to where I was born) entertained with mostly gospel music and Bluegrass.  Seven very talented children and a couple of very ambitious parents!


And what better way to end the evening than with a rousing rendition of The Orange Blossom Special ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment