Monday, January 30, 2012

BUCKET LIST

OK, another item can be crossed off my bucket list!!! That's right. The Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department's annual ice fishing tournament was held this weekend: always the last weekend of January. I have always purchased an entry ticket in years past but “things” always got in the way for me to go to it. Some years it was prior obligations, some years it was the weather and some years I just didn't feel like it. The entry ticket not only got you into the tournament, but also made you eligible for the door prize drawings which this year amounted to $190,000 in prizes.

As most of you know, I am not a fan of big crowds and this event draws a VERY LARGE crowd. So I was quite happy to just be there but not necessarily participate in the shoulder to shoulder fishing contest consisting of several thousand fishermen. No, I was happy enough to just be on Devils Lake, if nothing else to be able to say, “I was there during the tournament”.




Shoulder to shoulder fishing!



Besides that, I am always looking for something new and different to do and to take advantage of seeing new sights and experiences. Also, I've always heard about the excellent fishing there, so I hooked up my fish house and headed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment