Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DOWNSIZING

If you have been following my blog recently, you have probably picked up on the fact that I am simplifying my life and DOWNSIZING!  Most recently my efforts have been on cleaning up my 5th wheel camper and getting it ready to sell....It's just too big for me. 

But no, I am not ready to get out of the RV and camping mode yet.  I probably won't go on any long trips anymore but rather, confine my travels to the Northern Plains.  There are so many sights to see in the Dakotas, Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Wyoming, etc.  There are probably more things to see in these states alone so that it would take a lifetime to partake of them all.  (Especially for old geezers like myself!!!!)

When I was in California last spring, 2011, on my second of three trips to the west coast, I bought a small trailer.  My intentions were to leave the trailer there and live in it whenever I visited my family.  I did lived in it for three months that spring and found that even though it was quite small, it suited my needs just fine.  In fact, I liked it so much that I pulled it back home to North Dakota and made the decision to replace my 5th wheel and pickup with this smaller unit.  

I then bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee a month or so ago.  I recently  hooked up to the trailer and it's a perfect fit.  It pulls nice and the whole set-up is much smaller.  I am sure it will be better suited for access and maneuverability around some of the small camping areas up here in north country. 

Out with the old (big)
and in with the new (small)


This is where I lived for those three months right after I bought this small, older trailer.  Like I mentioned before, my friends, Steve and Sharon allow me to park at their place each time I travel to California in my RV.  Here I am parked right next to Scott and Lisa's 5th wheel.  Thanks again guys for your hospitality.

1 comment:

  1. I could SO stay busy visiting the Northern Plains. Such beautiful states! Of course, I could stay busy visiting all the areas of Texas, too, but there's a certain pull to the North that I experience.

    Kathy Lorentzen Mulkey
    (have to post "anonymous" because my Google account is screwed up)

    ReplyDelete