Tuesday, April 17, 2012

EARLY CAMPING

It's April 12, 2012 in North Dakota and in a normal year there is still snow on the ground.  This year however, has been a very mild and warm (relatively speaking) winter.  I "got the fever" early since the weather has been so nice, so I started getting my camper ready for some outings and decided to take it out this past weekend.  Most campgrounds don't open until at least Memorial Day.  I called ahead to the New Rockford City Campground and found out that they would allow camping there this early but the water isn't turned on yet.  That was fine with me as I am fully self contained.  Electric hook-ups were on which meant that I could camp with all the comforts of home.




So I packed up and headed out for a weekend of early camping.  I needed to make a "shake down" run with the camper so I would be sure that it will be ready for this summer of activities......Please stay tuned for THAT!!!!!!!!

Heading out on Thursday proved to be a bit of a challenge as it was quite windy that day.  But then what else is new for North Dakota??  That night and the following day it rained most of the time.  But there were two positives from that experience.  1).  We need the rain up here this spring as it has been a bit on the dry side so far and the farmers need the moisture in the ground.  and 2).  My camper doesn't leak!!!!





Saturday morning was a gorgeous day with the warm sun shining, no wind and the sky so clear and blue as is typical of the North Country.  In the early morning I was able to take my walks which is always so refreshing when it is so pleasant outside.


I pretty much had the whole campground to myself as was able to enjoy the sunrise, and take my walks where ever I wanted to.  How many times have I said this, "Life doesn't get any better than this!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment