Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

With Autumn comes a certain aire of thankfulness as we contemplate the many blessings that come to us from the hand of Almighty God.  I especially think of the blessings that I have received by way of my family and the many friends that I have.  Without them and their support, it would have been a lonely and uneventful year.  As it was, this year held so many positive events and emotions for me that it would take hours to list them all.  It is for that reason that I started this new blog of my LIFE here in DAKOTA.  I hope to chronicle many more events in my LIFE as time goes on.

With Autumn also comes the aire of thankfulness for the changes of the seasons.  The smells in the air are such a blessing as the leaves begin to fall and the air becomes more crisp.  And with the crispness in the air also comes the first snowfall:  so pure, so white, and so quiet that one can truly pause and give thanks.



With Autumn also come a certain smell in the air.  Only this smell comes from the inside of the house.  I need only let  my family and friends have one guess as to what this delicious odour might be!  Everyone now seems to be standing in line as the stack of lefse starts to build.  I am so thankful that I am able to share this wonderful treat with so many.



1 comment:

  1. Our daughter-in-law has never had lefse. I gotta change that! The town of Clifton (Norwegian capital of Texas) may have some bakers selling it.
    I also think I'll make rosettes this year. It's been awhile. Thanks for reminding me!
    Kathy L. Mulkey (chose to comment as Anonymous because my Google account is messed up.

    ReplyDelete